Apart from the fact that it’s been deemed as the most delicious meat by some, it is also very healthy.
Here are a few of its health properties:
• It is lower in fat, saturated fat, calories and cholesterol than beef, pork, lamb, and chicken.
• It is high in iron.
• Goat contains a fatty acid called Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA). CLA can help prevent cancer.
• Goat meat is also great for losing weight as it contains vitamin B which helps burn fat.
• It is also known to prevent anemia in pregnant women and in women who are menstruating.
• Goat meat is full of potassium which helps lowers the risk of stroke, high blood pressure, heart and kidney disorders.
• The B12 in goat helps to lower stress and depression.
• Goat meat also has Omega 3 and Calcium which is good for strengthening bones.
All these benefits make goat meat a good choice for anyone looking for a healthy red meat. It’s easy to cook, juicy and mild in flavour and has been endorsed by celebrity chefs like Jamie Oliver and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.