Goats + Yoga By Willow City Farm
Goats + Yoga by Willow City Farm is an exciting way to practice yoga (or not) while enjoying libation and hanging out with some adorable goats (and lambs, piggies, puppies, and even a cow or two - depending on your class)! You'll practice "barnyard poses" like cow, rooster, climbing goat, downward dog, etc, while our furry friends hang out with you, or even walk all over you, if you would like.
And, since we alllll know you're here for the best Instagram pics, we'll help you get the right animal in the right pose so your next profile pic will be one to remember.
We're currently still booking our 2023 events, so check back regularly!
If you are a business, bar or winery and would like to host a public event, click here for information on hosting a public Goats + Yoga.
- Sun, Oct 08The Stag Tap Beer Garden on MainOct 08, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMThe Stag Tap Beer Garden on Main, 106 N Plum St, Havana, IL 62644, USAOct 08, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMThe Stag Tap Beer Garden on Main, 106 N Plum St, Havana, IL 62644, USAWe're baaaaaa-ck, Havana! We sold out quick last time, super fast so we're coming back for another session! Come to the Stag Tap's Beer Garden on Main and do some yoga (or not), snuggle up some baby goats and their mamas, while you sip Bloody Marys and mimosas (or beer). Drink included!
- Sun, Oct 08Willow City FarmOct 08, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PMWillow City Farm, 8150 Bomke Road, Pleasant Plains, IL, USAOct 08, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PMWillow City Farm, 8150 Bomke Road, Pleasant Plains, IL, USAOur last class with the alpaca was ah-mazing so we're doing it again! Come enjoy yoga with the goats + alpaca at sunset @ Willow City Farm! Enjoy some spiked salted caramel apple cider with apples grown right on the farm or sangrias AND cider donuts in our new barn!
- Sun, Oct 29Obed & Isaac's Microbrewery and EateryOct 29, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PMObed & Isaac's Microbrewery and Eatery, 321 NE Madison Ave, Peoria, IL 61603, USAOct 29, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PMObed & Isaac's Microbrewery and Eatery, 321 NE Madison Ave, Peoria, IL 61603, USAWhat's better than a fall day outside at an amazing local brewery? Goats + Yoga IN COSTUME at that brewery! Come and do yoga (or not) and hang with the goats in costume! There's a class for the kiddos this time, too, so grab your costume and make it a group party!
- Sun, Dec 10Alto Vineyards ChampaignDec 10, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PMAlto Vineyards Champaign, 4210 N Duncan Rd, Champaign, IL 61822, USADec 10, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PMAlto Vineyards Champaign, 4210 N Duncan Rd, Champaign, IL 61822, USAThe goats will be dressed in their ugly Christmas sweaters when they join you for this indoor session @ Alto! Wear your ugly Christmas sweater, too, as you snuggle up the goats & sip wine! Best. Photo-op. EVER.
- RSVP ClosedSun, Sep 17BloomingtonSep 17, 11:00 AMBloomington, 3807 Ballybunion Rd, Bloomington, IL 61704, USASep 17, 11:00 AMBloomington, 3807 Ballybunion Rd, Bloomington, IL 61704, USAWe're baaaaaack, Blo-No! We sold out of our last event in Normal, so we're coming back this fall! Enjoy libations & do yoga (or not) with the goats and their mamas! Come for the animal therapy (or photo op) and nama-stay for the cool atmosphere.
- Sold OutSun, Sep 10Tanner's OrchardSep 10, 12:00 PM – Sep 11, 1:00 PMTanner's Orchard, 740 IL-40, Speer, IL 61479, USA
- RSVP ClosedSun, Aug 20Willow City FarmAug 20, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMWillow City Farm, 8150 Bomke Rd, Pleasant Plains, IL 62677, USAAug 20, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMWillow City Farm, 8150 Bomke Rd, Pleasant Plains, IL 62677, USAIt's time to get one last bit of summer in before school starts! How about Yoga + TEN big white fluffy eight-week-old Great Pyrenees pups + Cocktails at Willow City Farm? Yes, please! And, you can be sure some baby goats will make an appearance!
- RSVP ClosedSun, Aug 06DanvilleAug 06, 12:00 PMDanville, 332 E Liberty Ln, Danville, IL 61832, USAAug 06, 12:00 PMDanville, 332 E Liberty Ln, Danville, IL 61832, USADo you know what's better than relaxing at a beautiful golf club this summer with a cocktail in hand? Doing GOAT YOGA at that same beautiful club! Enjoy libations & do yoga (or not) with the baby goats! Come for the animal therapy (or photo op) and nama-stay for the cool atmosphere.
If you are a private individual or a public organization looking to book a private event or goat rental, click here for more information including available dates and price quotes.
Event Gift Certificates
Looking to purchase a ticket as a gift? Purchase a ticket to ANY upcoming event!
You can download the gift certificate with purchase, and just contact us when you're ready to attend an event. These make great gifts!
Buy Goats + Yoga Gear!
We have partnered with Spring so that you can order merchandise anytime! The below items can be ordered and will be shipped directly to you. Items usually arrive in less than a week. We also have in stock gear that can be found here. These items are for local pickup at our store or at any event. You can find our in-stock merchandise here.
Where can Goats + Yoga @ WCF be held?Our goats, piglets, pups and alpaca can come to almost any location to hold a Goats + Yoga session. Although we prefer a location with a floor that's easy to clean, we have tarps & shop vacs & towels, and can bring the critters almost anywhere that can fit us! (FYI, a general rule of thumb is 21 sqft per person.) Want us to bring Goats + Yoga to your location? Read more about it and book a date here. Want to know where we will be next? Check our the upcoming events on the Goats + Yoga page.
Yoga isn't really my thing. Can I just come and pet the goats without yoga?Goats + Yoga is a very casual environment. You are welcome to just sit, meditate and pet the goats but you do have to still sign up for a class & pay for a ticket. You don't need to be super flexible or even have ever done yoga to participate. ALL skills are welcome.
Are there refunds?Sorry there are no refunds unless the class gets cancelled. Tickets are transferrable to a friend, though! Just transfer the ticket to your friend or call us to swap it out for you.
What will the class be like?Our Goats + Yoga @ WCF registration begins the the advertised start time. You can have about 15 minutes to get your spot and mat situated and meet the goats. You will learn about the goats, Willow City Farm, the venue and the instructor. We'll will start the yoga class with some basic yoga sequences appropriate for all levels while Tara will tend to the goats and make sure they aren't being overly obtrusive. The yoga class will consist of a 30-45 minute session where participants do "barnyard" poses with the animals. You're welcome to join in or just hang with the animals. That's up to you! When the yoga portion of the class is over, you'll have another 20-30 minutes or so to have snacks, refreshments, ask questions or purchase some Willow City Farm merch.
What about the goat poop?Have you ever read the book "Everybody Poops"? Goats poop, too. However, goat poop does not stink and makes awesome manure for your gardens. It's small pellets, so in the case they do poop on your mat, you can simply shake it off. Although we cannot guarantee the goats will not decide to alleviate themselves near you, they mostly prefer a secluded private place to do their business. Goats have small pellets, and from time to time they do poop on your mat. It’s not messy and all you have to do is shake off your mat. We have to remember they are not dogs or cats but farm animals and they’re just doing their thing.
Are spectators welcome?We understand that many people come to goat yoga and don't want to do yoga. However, you will still need to pay for the class as we have a limited amount of people we can allow each time. If you would like a chair for grandma or your husband...we can provide that, but each person will need to pay for a ticket.
Do I need to bring my own yoga mat?Yes, and no... While you will need to bring a mat or towel to place between you and the dirt floor, there's no need to purchase a yoga mat if you don't already own one. An old beach towel will do just fine!
Do you sell goat's milk?No, sorry, we do not. Our breeds of goats serve two purposes: land clearing and meat. We rent out our Nigerian and Tennessee faining goats to customers looking for an environmentally friendly way to clear brush, timber, or weeds. Our boer, sannen/boer or lamancha/boer cross goats are breeds we raise for their healthy meats.
Do you do special events or take this show on the road?Yes, we do. We're happy to come to your location (assuming it's goat friendly) or you are welcome to book a private event at your location or ours. Great ideas for private events are team building exercises for businesses, bachelorette parties, birthdays etc. Just contact us for a quote and a schedule.
Will there be media?We have had members of the media present at our classes. You are under no obligation to be filmed, however, each class is required to sign a media release form.
Do I have to sign a liability waiver?YES. Our attorney requires it! Here's a copy of the waiver each student will be asked to sign before participating in the class OR visiting the farm. In order to participate in Willow City Farm's Goat + Yoga, you must agree to the following agreements: (Here is a sample release for Goats + Yoga held @ The Boar's Nest in Athens, IL) Goat + Yoga Liability Release I, (adult or minor child) HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE, indemnify, hold harmless and forever discharge Willow City Farm and/or The Boar’s Nest Bar and Grill and its agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, successors and assigns, of and from any and all claims, demands, debts, contracts, expenses, causes of action, lawsuits, damages and liabilities, of every kind and nature, whether know or unknown, in law or equity, that I or Child ever had or may have arising from or in any way related to my/child's participation in any events or activities conducted by, on the premises of, or for the benefit of Willow City Farm and/or The Boar’s Nest Bar and Grill provided that this waiver of liability does not apply to any acts of gross negligence, or intentional, willful or want on misconduct. I understand that the activities that I/children will participate in and that I/children will see are inherently dangerous and may cause serious or grievous injuries, including bodily injury, damage to personal property and/or death. I/children will be in direct contact with animals that include but are not limited to: goats, lambs, rabbits, cows, pigs, horses, chickens, alpaca, llama, turkeys, dogs, cats, among other animals that may not be listed. I understand that, as with most animals, they may react in an unpredictable way to sounds, sudden movements, people, or other animals that could result in injuries to people. On behalf of myself, said children, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I/children waive all claims for damages, injuries and death sustained to me/children or property, that I/children may have against the aforementioned released party to such activity. By this waiver, I/children, assume any risk, and take full responsibility and waive any claims of personal injury or death or damage to personal property with Willow City Farm including but not limited to visiting the farm, observing or interacting with the animals, using the facility and its equipment in any manner, form or fashion, and practicing and/or engaging in other related activities including the initiating of prohibited contact with the animals on and off the premises and disobeying any farm regulations both posted and unposted. It is a condition of entry that visitors observe all warning signs, do not venture over exhibit safety barriers and do not enter Willow City Farm's off limit areas. This WAIVER AND RELEASE contains the entire agreement between parties, and supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between them concerning the subject matter of this WAIVER AND RELEASE. The provisions of the WAIVER AND RELEASE may be waived, altered, amended or repealed, in whole or in part, only upon the prior written consent of all parties. The provision of this WAIVER AND RELEASE will continue in full force and effect even after the termination of the activities conducted by, on the premises of, or for the benefit of Willow City Farm, whether by agreement, by operation of law, or otherwise. I have read, understand and fully agree to the terms of this WAIVER AND RELEASE. I understand and confirm that by signing this WAIVER AND RELEASE that I/children have given up considerable future legal rights. I have signed this Agreement freely, voluntarily, under no duress of threat of duress, without inducement, promise or guarantee being communicated to me. My signature is proof of my intention to execute a complete and unconditional WAIVER AND RELEASE of all liability to the full extent of the law. I am 18 years of age or older, and/or legal guardian of children, and mentally competent to enter into this waiver. I hereby release Willow City Farm, its contractors, its employees and any third parties involved in the creation or publication of Company publications, from liability for any claims by me or any third party in connection with my participation or the participation of the minor children listed below. I understand that this agreement contains a promise not to sue Willow City Farm, The Boar’s Nest Bar and Grill or their employees. Goat + Yoga Liability Release In order to participate in Willow City Farm's Goat + Yoga, you must agree to the following agreements: This agreement releases Willow City Farm (WCF) and The Boar’s Nest Bar and Grill, Tara and Matt Holcomb, Kim Jasker, Darin Fritz and all those related to The Boar’s Nest Bar and Grill and Willow City Farm from all liability relating to injuries that may occur during Goats + Yoga. I agree to hold WCF and THE BOAR’S NEST BAR AND GRILL and all those associated entirely free from any liability, including financial responsibility for injuries incurred, regardless of whether injuries are caused by negligence. I also acknowledge the risks involved in Goats + Yoga. I swear that I am participating voluntarily, and that all risks have been made clear to me. Additionally, I do not have any conditions that will increase my likelihood of experiencing injuries while engaging in this activity. I forfeit all right to bring a suit against WCF, Tara and Matt Holcomb, Darin Fritz, The Boar’s Nest Bar and Grill, Kimberly Jasker and all those associated for any reason. Appearance Release I hereby acknowledge that I am of legal age, and that Willow City Farm reserves the right and permission to reproduce, edit, exhibit, project, display, copyright, publish images and/or moving pictures and/or videotaped images of me with or without my voice, or in which I may be included in whole or in part, photographed, taped, videotaped, and/or recorded to circulate the same in all forms and media for art and advertising. I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect and/or approve the finished product or products or the editorial, advertising that may be used in connection therewith and any right that I may have to control the use to which said product may be applied. Date: _______________________________________________________________________ Printed Name of Child/Children___________________________________________________ Printed Name of Adult(s) ________________________________________________________ Signature: _____________________________________________________________________