All are welcome to our first annual Spring Farm Tour + Market Open House celebration!
Meet farmers Tara & Chloe Davlin of Willow City Farm as well as a few of the
volunteers who help keep our farm running.
Get ready to plant your garden! Stock up on organically raised veggie and
flower starts by Harvest & Blooms Farm, and talk to farmer Vio for growing tips!
Chefs Mackenzie and Kacy of Simply Rooted (a local meal delivery service) will be
giving out samples of their amazing entrees made with local foods + Willow
City Farm meats!
Rolling Meadows Brewery, and their mobile cocktail counterpart,
"Just The Basics" will be pouring their classic Session Lager provided
complimentary by Willow City Farm. Maddie's crafted cocktails will be available
for purchase as well! We love to support businesses that support the craftsman
and women of the local beer and wine industry.
Beekeeper Dale Brooks, of Brooks' Kountry Honey will be on hand with his
observation hive to show you how the bees do their thing and answer any
questions you might have about raw honey!
• Free and open to the public - Walk-ins welcome - RSVPs preferred on our Eventbrite
• 11am - 3:30pm - Self guided farm tours (with volunteers)
• 11am - 1:30pm - Mackenzie and Kacy of Simply Rooted will be giving out samples of
their amazing entree's made with local foods + Willow City Farm meats! They're even
be ready to eat meals for purchase!
• 11am - 2pm - Vio @ Harvest & Blooms will have veggie and flower starts and spring greens (if available)
• 11am - 3pm - Bee hive demonstrations and Q&A by beekeeper Dale Brooks
• 11am - 4pm - Rolling Meadow Brewery will be serving complimentary Session Lager provided by WCF & signature cocktails will be available for purchase
• 1pm - Children's Craft Activities
• Create Bird Nest Balls with raw alpaca fiber
• Create art with baby chicks, turkeys, & ducks
Please dress weather appropriate (including proper footwear) in case of mud... It is a farm after all, and if you want to go explore the creek or the pond, it's a little bit of a hike!
This event is weather dependent - check this event page if weather is in question! Parking is limited, so car pool if possible!
Our morning will kick off with 2 Goats + Yoga sessions!
(9:30am OR 11:00am - Goats + Yoga session - registration required - $35/pp includes Rolling Meadows beer or signature cocktails. RSVP here: http://www.goatsplusyoga.com)
Here's a few of the animals you'll see @ Willow City Farm:
Alpaca & Cria + Goats + Sheep + Horses + Cows & Calves + Chickens & Chicks + Turkeys & Poults + Geese & Goslings + Ducks & Ducklings + Dogs & Puppies + Cats & Kittens + Pigs & Piglets
Here's a few animals you might catch at the pond:
Turtles + Fish + Frogs
We cannot wait to see you! If you plan on attending, just quickly RSVP so we know how much beer + snacks to have on hand! :)
Want to help us? We're looking for volunteers! Just contact Tara @ 217-899-4562 or message us if you'd like to help.